Job Title: Break Free From Plastic (BFFP) Administrative Assistant – Asia Pacific
Role Duration: September 2022 – March 2024 (funding dependant)
Salary & benefits: Aligned to local salary scales and commensurate with experience
Role Type: Full Time hours are required, and equivalent to 5 days a week
Role Location: Hybrid working arrangements; Preferred location: Delhi, Manila, Jakarta
Role Flexibility: Flexible working hours are required
• As this role works across time zones, working hours will frequently be outside of normal office hours. This includes work on weekends.
• Some domestic, regional and international travel may be required.
Reports To: BFFP Asia Pacific Regional Coordinator
The Administrative Assistant will provide general administrative support to the Asia Pacific Coordinator, including but not limited to:
• Database management and support on network development
• Tracking of grant documentation, including support on financial and narrative reporting
• Coordination of logistics around regional and working group meetings
• Digital asset management, and documentation
You are the best candidate for this post because you are:
• Highly organised and efficient: You are organised and disciplined with your time, know how to prioritise and can be depended upon to deliver results in a timely manner.
• Solutions-oriented: You are not easily overwhelmed by setbacks and obstacles, you love thinking on your feet to develop solutions and help your team overcome challenges, and you continually learn and adapt to motivate yourself and your team to win!
• Well-rounded and a team-player: You value the importance of working with team members and partners to accomplish targets and goals.
• Patient and respectful: You value people’s inputs and expertise, and are respectful in dealing with people from all walks of life and from different backgrounds. You respect and recognise expertise and knowledge coming from different members of the community, and value the importance of bringing different perspectives together.
• Trustworthy: You are self-motivated and can be depended upon to deliver targets and goals in a timely manner. You take pride in your ability to honour commitments.
• Aware and equipped: You have a basic understanding of the plastic pollution cycle, experienced with email management, Google Workspace, Zoom, Slack, Asana, and Adobe Suite, and have strong writing, editing, and note-taking skills
• Ambitious to learn: You can expect to gain extensive knowledge of the plastic pollution cycle, project management, networking, and internal and external communication skills
We offer a competitive salary plus benefits, including a contribution towards health insurance, vacation, maternity/paternity leave, and other similar employment protection. We take pride in our ability to support one another’s work in an atmosphere of mutual trust and respect, and look forward to introducing the successful candidate to our welcoming and highly motivated team and members.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity principles and to provide all employees with a safe work environment free from discrimination and harassment. We welcome you regardless of your gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, age, physical ability, or any other status unrelated to the performance of the job. Candidates from historically disadvantaged or marginalised groups are strongly encouraged to apply for this post, and will be preferred.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Asia Pacific Admin Assistant – (YOUR NAME)”. APPLICATIONS WITH INCOMPLETE DOCUMENTS WILL NOT BE REVIEWED.
• Updated resume and cover letter;
• 2 references (1 must be your immediate supervisor or manager, or colleague who worked closely with you in recent programs/projects/campaigns);
• At least 2 writing samples or references/links to programs/projects you led or spearheaded
• A <1 minute video introducing yourself and telling us why you are excited to work with the BFFP movement! No fancy editing needed – just a simple video from your phone or computer.
The position is available immediately and applications will remain open until the position is filled. We will start reviewing applications on 01 Sep 2022.
The #breakfreefromplastic (BFFP) Movement is a global movement envisioning a future free from plastic pollution. Since its launch in 2016, more than 11,000 organisations and individual supporters from across the world have joined the movement to demand massive reductions in single-use plastics and to push for lasting solutions to the plastic pollution crisis. BFFP member organisations and individuals share the common values of environmental protection and social justice, and work together through a holistic approach in order to bring about systemic change under the #breakfreefromplastic core pillars. This means tackling plastic pollution across the whole plastics value chain – from extraction to disposal – focusing on prevention rather than cure and providing effective solutions.