The BFFP Philippines Coordinator will provide overall leadership and project coordination. You will be the chief motivator to inspire, assist and support your team to achieve and surpass agreed goals and objectives. You will work with other organizations in the Philippines in implementing plastic-related initiatives, expand BFFP’s reach in the country, and support BFFP’s larger goals to reduce plastic pollution globally.
The Philippine coordinator reports to the project steering group composed of representatives from GAIA Asia Pacific, Mother Earth Foundation, BFFP Global Coordination Team, EcoWaste Coalition, Greenpeace and Health Care Without Harm.
As the BFFP PH coordinator, you are:
- Goal-oriented and resourceful: You initiate steps without waiting for instruction and constantly look for opportunities to expand and achieve BFFP’s vision. You are able to make strategic decisions to drive your team’s growth and never lose sight of your mission.
- Solutions-oriented: You are not easily overwhelmed by setbacks and obstacles, you love thinking on your feet to develop solutions and help your team overcome challenges, and you continually learn and adapt to motivate yourself and your team to win!
- Highly-skilled in management and coordination: You are a fair but decisive leader who loves helping people succeed, who deeply cares about others’ well-being and who is deeply committed to equity and equality, inclusivity and diversity.
- Highly-skilled in program and project implementation: You are experienced in developing, implementing, evaluating and improving programs and projects and all related activities. You continuously look for ways to make things better, more efficient and effective. You are organized and disciplined with your time, know how to prioritize and know how to support your team members to accomplish their respective responsibilities.
- Strong in organizational, financial and administrative management: You have experience in delivering administrative, organizational and financial functions such as staff management, HR services, budget tracking & reporting and overall financial management, report-writing and other related responsibilities.
- Confident and self-assured: You are not afraid to speak up, especially in high-level meetings and discourses, you are not easily swayed or cowed, and you can hold your own in stressful and crucial discourses. You can clearly articulate technical issues in a manner that makes it easier for the general public to understand.
As BFFP Philippines Coordinator, you will:
- Provide political guidance, process facilitation and leadership to achieve key project goals and deliverables;
- Ensure synergy and efficient coordination of all sub-projects and initiatives being implemented as part of the BFFP Philippines grant, so that the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Work with your national campaigners to coordinate policy, lobbying and organizing work to ensure the delivery of crucial time-sensitive deliverables;
- Work with the project’s steering group to develop a shared critical analysis of plastic and waste issues in the country, identify opportunities and threats to continually improve project strategies, and constantly strive to improve strategies to win;
- Contribute to global efforts to reduce plastic pollution by continually linking local to regional and global efforts whenever possible;
- Provide regular updates to and organize regular consultations with the project steering group, monitor local campaigns and assist partners and allies in their own engagements;
- Build and maintain linkages, partnerships and relationships between BFFP and allies, and strive to develop new partners and expand BFFP’s reach in the country;
- Represent BFFP Philippines in crucial meetings and activities locally and abroad;
- Supervise the BFFP Philippines team and ensure the delivery of key personnel services, such as coaching, training, staff meetings and team planning, moral and emotional support particularly during peak project moments;
- Provide oversight for operational, administrative and financial matters such as but not limited to tracking of key deliverables, outcomes and outputs; budget tracking; report-writing and documentation, office management; personnel management and related services; and
- Provide support in fundraising activities locally and abroad.
- At least four (4) years of experience in a coordination, campaigning and management role, including project management, preferably with a non-profit or people’s organization, with demonstrable experience in program and project implementation, monitoring and evaluation, documentation and reporting, and delivering key goals and targets in a timely manner;
- Familiarity with environmental justice values and principles, and a commitment to supporting and collaborating with frontline and grassroots communities and organizations;
- Skilled in staff supervision and management and in managing staff in a high-pressure and constantly-evolving environment;
- Highly-skilled in facilitation and group processes such as staff, project and partner meetings, planning and evaluation processes, and the like;
- Fluent in English, with strong writing and public-speaking skills and the ability to transform complex and technical information into digestible, relatable and simple messages to inform and influence public opinion;
- Highly-computer literate, comfortable with new media technologies and able to use and learn communication tools;
- Experienced in organizing events for different stakeholders such as government offices and agencies, media institutions, private sector and others;
- Willing to travel on a regular basis locally and abroad.
- Knowledge of or familiarity with Zero Waste, waste management, energy, plastics and/or climate issues;
- Skilled in fundraising and familiar with international development funds, foreign private foundations and donors; and
- Familiar with local and regional media landscape.
Please send your updated resume and cover letter with your salary requirements and 3 references, along with at least 3 writing samples or references/links to programs/projects you led or spearheaded, to email@example.com with the subject line “POSITION YOU’RE APPLYING FOR – (YOUR NAME).”
No calls, please. Deadline of submission is on February 21, 2020.